We here at Family Life Goals like to search the web to bring you the best content possible. The following is republished with permission from our friend Andrea at healthydelicious.ca.
Making your own nut milk isn’t hard. Any little bit of effort goes a long way. Make your own and you’ll be rewarded with a rich, creamy beverage that will blow anything store bought right out of the water. Plus, you’ll be giving your body the benefit of healthy fats, antioxidant vitamins and minerals, without any added sugars or thickeners.
Health Benefits of Brazil Nuts
Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, an antioxidant mineral that helps to protect our cells from oxidative damage. Plus beautifying Vitamin E and energizing B Complex vitamins. Sprouting your nuts (i.e. soaking them in water overnight) unlocks their nutrition by removing phytic acid, an anti-nutrient that interferes with nutrient absorption.
What are you waiting for? Get this sprouted beauty tonic all up in ya!
Serves: 4 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes (or less!)
Soak time: Overnight
- ¾ cup Brazil nuts + soaking water
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- Blender or food processor
- Nut milk bag or piece of cheese cloth laid overtop of a strainer
- Soak the Brazil nuts in water overnight.
- In the morning, drain and rinse the nuts. Add to a blender or food processor with 4 cups of water, shredded coconut, pitted date and pinch of sea salt.
- Blend until everything is as smooth as possible. Hold nut bag over a large bowl and pour contents from blender into bag. If you don’t have a nut milk bag, set a strainer lined with cheesecloth over a large bowl.
- Squeeze the nut milk bag or cheesecloth to release the milky liquid into the bowl below. Use your hands to “milk” the bag.
- You’ll be left with 4 cups of glorious, sweet, sprouted Brazil and coconut milk.