If you have a cough that won’t go away or wake up in the morning with crusty and puffy eyes, these may be signs of excess mucus production. Excess mucus production can be a sign that your body is in a state of heightened agitation from toxins, allergies or food additives.
You might be prolonging your congestion without knowing it! There are 12 foods that cause unnecessary excess music production in your body. Some of these may surprise you!
Mucus’ Role in Your Body
Mucus is produced by mucus cells along the lining of your intestinal and respiratory tract organs. They are found within the bronchi, trachea and larger bronchioles in the respiratory tract and intestines.
Mucus production, at a normal rate, is healthy! However, excess mucus production is dangerous and can be stimulated by irritants, like food additives and pollution. Excess mucus is created to capture these particles and move them out of your body. This is why you experience more coughing, a stuffy nose or hard time breathing.
Symptoms of Excess Mucus Production
- You have a chronic cough that won’t go away
- You are experiencing mucus from a cold or flu
- You wake up with crusty, inflamed and puffy eyes in the morning
- You have bad breath throughout the day – despite brushing your teeth
- Your senses are dulled – you may require saltier or sweeter foods to “taste good”
- Your senses aren’t sharp – you may be experiencing brain fog or an inability to think clearly
Mucus and Your Diet
Certain foods and beverages have been proven to trigger and produce excess mucus production in your body. When you eat mucus-causing foods, you put your body into a chronic state of fighting off “viral invasion.” Put simply, your body gets confused by the foreign product and naturally tries to protect itself by fighting off food particles. This causes inflammation and triggers excess mucus production.
While wheat and dairy are the two biggest culprits of excess mucus build up, here’s a list of the top 12 foods that cause excess mucus production:
- Dairy products (yogurt, milk, sour cream, cottage cheese, ice cream, butter, ghee)
- Wheat products (bread, pasta, bagels, muffins)
- All corn products
- Sugary treats (cakes, pies and pastries)
- Deep fried foods
- Soy Products
- High-fat red meat
- Safflower/sunflower oil
- Jams and Jellies
- Caffeine (coffee, tea, energy drinks)
Eliminating mucus-causing foods is only half of the puzzle! Incorporating mucus-fighting foods, like raw fruits and vegetables, is equally important to rev up your body’s mucus-cleansing powers.
Add these foods into your diet to relieve and kill excess mucus in its tracks:
- Radishes (red, daikon, horseradish, you name it – one of that best mucus-cleansers out there!)
- All leafy greens and herbs
- Cauliflower and broccoli
- Bamboo shoots
- Ginger and turmeric
- Citrus fruits (lemons, limes, grapefruits, oranges, kumquats, etc.)
- Brussels sprouts
- Hot peppers
A quick note from our founders:
A newly discovered weird, yet super simple Yoga trick, has been erasing stubborn belly fat off of thousands of women… FAST.
Not only does this unusual trick make stubborn belly fat vanish off your body… it delivers all of the well known mental and emotional benefits Yoga is so well known for.
On the next page you’ll learn this powerful trick to both calm your mind and rapidly incinerate ugly stubborn fat to get a tiny flat belly fast: