Chocolate-Banana-Cinnamon Cookies with almond milk, pumpkin seeds and NO gluten or sugar
Steering clear of baked goods is usually a given if you’re on a vegan or gluten-free diet, or if you’re trying to reduce your sugar intake. But thanks to the recipe below, all three of these problems are solved. In addition to these cookies meeting all of your dietary needs, they are made with health-enhancing ingredients that will keep your body functioning properly and leave you feeling even better than before.
Bananas are loaded with nutrients your body will love. The bright yellow fruit contains fiber, which regulates bowel movements and aids with digestion. If you’re constipated, bananas are the way to go. In addition, bananas are high in antioxidants, which protect your body from harmful free radicals and chronic disease.
If you’re diabetic, eating a banana can help stabilize your blood sugar levels and for pregnant women, bananas help relieve nausea caused by morning sickness. Moreover, bananas help combat depression as they contain high amounts of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin, the happy hormone.
No matter what you’re experiencing in life, bananas are there for you.
Cinnamon is a flavorful spice that also has much to offer your health. Cinnamon is packed with antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties, which reduce the risk of disease. It also promotes heart health by reducing your cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure. Like bananas, cinnamon has also been found to lower blood sugar levels and studies suggest that this spice may even protect against cancer.
Pumpkin seeds are not always on people’s radars but they should be. If you eat just one-quarter cup of pumpkin seeds, you’ve already consumed half of the recommended daily amount of magnesium. The majority of Americans are magnesium deficient despite this mineral being able to prevent sudden cardiac arrest, heart attack, and stroke. Pumpkin seeds are also a rich source of zinc, which helps with cell growth, aids with sleep, boosts your mood, and contributes to eye and skin health.
Republished with permission from leavesandbubbly.com.
Grain-free, Sugar-free AND Vegan Superfood Cookies
These little gems are gluten-free, vegan, added sugar free and are the easiest cookies ever made. These cookies are amazing for a mid-afternoon snack or even for breakfast.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Scoops Sun Warrior Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder: BUY IT HERE
- 4 Tbl of Vida Grains Morning Glory : BUY IT HERE
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbl shredded coconut
- 2 tbl of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate almond milk (Click here to learn how to make your own almond milk; just add 2 tbsp of cocao powder to make it chocolate)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mash bananas up with a fork.
3. Add in all other ingredients and mix together except the pumpkin seeds.
4. Fold in pumpkin seeds.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
6. Using a tablespoon scoop batter on to sheet (they don’t spread so it doesn’t matter how close together they are).
7. Bake for 13 minutes and try not to eat them all at once.