The widest known definition of Karma is “What goes around, comes around,” or, what you do and say will come back to you, good or bad. This is actually only one of the twelve laws of karma, The Great Law. People generally use it in reference to someone acting in a really awful or really wonderful way. We let go of some anger towards jerks knowing that their karma will catch up to them. We root for those who always seem to be doing many nice things for others.
However, karma is not a reward and punishment system.
Karma has a basis in understanding.
The 12 Laws of Karma have been formed and passed down over thousands of years, and are thought to be of Hindu origin. Hinduism is the only religion not based on a prophet, and predates all other religions. If you are of one particular religion and are hesitant to read further, there is nothing to fear. Each of the religions makes many hundreds of mentions to these Laws of Karma, even if they do not separate them into any set of Laws or call them by that name. You may be reminded of certain passages from religious scriptures when reading the Laws. These passages are not “copying” Hindu texts; they are just another way to communicate the Universal Laws to all people. The Hindus did not make them up either. They were just the earliest known who have documented them.
- The Great Law states, “As you sow, so shall you reap.” You have complete control over all of your actions, and absolutely no control over many of the consequences. Eventually, however all of your good actions will lead to good consequences.
- The Law of Creation is just about identical to The Law of Attraction. It states that, “You attract what you are, not what you want.” If you look around you at the people you speak to and interact with the most, you can see yourself. While The Law of Attraction talks about energy and vibrational matches, some may believe this and others may not. They say that “like attracts like” in people and in all of nature…but magnets of the same polarity repel each other. More likely, to look at nature, you could say that opposites of strong polarities attract, whereas those who are balanced do not attract either of those polarities quite as strongly.
- The Law of Humility states, “What you resist, persists for you.” This Law is one of the shortest as one line, but has many layers of meaning and examples in our current time. We cannot destroy or rewrite the past, but we can choose the energy we want to build from the ground up and into the future.
- The Law of Growth: “Wherever you go, there you are.” This Law basically states that we create our own surroundings. As stated previously, we make all of our choices, but we cannot choose all of the consequences. Real change within a person comes in tiny increments over long periods of time. If you are a person who strives to be the best you can be in all areas of your life, then you will look back years from now and be able to see how much you’ve grown and evolved into a happier, healthier person with a lot more love in your world.
- The Law of Mirrors is very similar to the previous two Laws. It states that, “Whenever there is something wrong, there is something wrong in us.” This is The Law of Personal Responsibility. The Law of Humility was about becoming aware of who you are and how you treat others. The Law of Growth deals with taking that awareness and committing to becoming better and better throughout your life to recreate your environment. The Law of Mirrors shows you how to gauge your progress.
- The Law of Synchronicity. This Law states, “Whatever you do may seem very unimportant, but it is very important that you do it.” Everything in this world is connected somehow. The theory of 6 Degrees of Separation states that you know everyone in this entire world through six connections or fewer. You may not be aware of this, but it really comes into action once you decide to follow your true path and pursue the things you want in your life. The more you immerse yourself in any one thing, the more people suddenly appear who are on similar paths, or who can help you towards yours.
- The Law of Direction and Motives. “You can’t think of two things at the same time.” When something goes wrong in our life, our thoughts immediately go to what has caused this to happen. They go to the past, and to a negative place. This is important to be able to reflect on what to do differently next time, but more important is to then get out of that place and move into a positive, “what can I do from this point forward?” state of mind.
- The Law of Willingness. “If you believe something to be true, then sometime in life, you must demonstrate that truth.” We all have certain values and ideals. This Law states that if we hold these to be truths as general statements, we will be placed in circumstances that will require us to act in the way that we have determined to be “right.”
- The Law of “Be here, now.” This Law states, “You can’t go home again, but you must try.” Home actually means your emotional home…the starting point when we were children, trusted fully, and believed everyone was good.
- The Law of Change – “The more things change, the more they stay the same.” You meet hundreds or even thousands of people in your lifetime, but only a few become close friends or romantic relationships. What attracts you to certain people goes back to the Law of Mirrors. What’s in you is either in them, or the opposite is in them, creating a need to be close to them. If this need is pain based, it would be better if you were to realize it and be able to let it go.
- The Law of Patience and Reward- “When you focus on your life, good things happen.” This Law basically states to stop comparing your life to other people’s lives, especially the ones that seem better. Get busy living your own best life. What you focus on increases, so focus on all your good and lead your life path with your heart.
- The Law of Value and Upliftment. This law is very similar to the first law, basically what you put in you get out, but with one difference: the first law was personal. This law is about the good or bad ripples on the collective whole. What you contribute the time of your life, the thoughts, the actions, efforts, and words, this will make the world a slightly worse or better place because you were in it. Your legacy, once complete, is set. Today, and every day that you live, you have the power to create it.
Get Your copy of Doe’s Book Happiness In Your Life – Karma on Amazon for $9.50
Also check out Doe’s other books in the Happiness In Your Life Series:
Intuition by Doe Zantamata is book two in the Happiness in Your Life book series. Each book examines an aspect of life and how to get the most out of it. Intuition focuses on the sense of intuition, how to listen to, strengthen, and use it in everyday life.
Anyone can hold a grudge, but it takes a person with character to forgive. When you forgive, you release yourself from a painful burden. Forgiveness doesn’t mean what happened was OK, and it doesn’t mean that person should still be welcome in your life. It just means you have made peace with the pain, and are ready to let it go.Forgiveness is a word that’s so often misunderstood. A lot of people who already have forgiven don’t realize they have, and many who don’t know what it is or how to do it hold on to so much pain throughout their lives unnecessarily.Forgiveness truly sets you free.In this book, you will learn what forgiveness really is, how to do it, levels of forgiveness, and so much more valuable information on how to truly “let go,” not just in wishes and words, but in mind and heart.You’ll discover the whys and hows of forgiving your parents, yourself, bad relationships, and even daily slights that could otherwise chip away at your overall happiness.This is the third book released in the Happiness in Your Life book series by Doe Zantamata. A total of 12 books are in the series.
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of this website or its members. The information contained in this article and the presentation of material therein do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of this website.