“Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. Being a Gentleman is a matter of choice.” – Vin Diesel
This is one of the greatest quotes about what it takes to be a gentleman, so it should always reflect in your lifestyle.
Why you should be a gentleman
Being a gentleman means that you show respect to others, this, in turn, boosts your confidence and makes you appear more competent. Essentially, you also benefit from being a gentleman.
This “art” has become more and more uncommon over the past couple of decades. However, when you behave like a gentleman, you portray characters people admire and appreciate. Unfortunately, a lot of men think being a gentleman equates to being a pushover. This is a wrong notion and it often pushes them into acting like “bad boys” in a bid to appear “cool.”
How to be a gentleman
Being a gentleman should not be an act to make women like you. Trying to fake gentlemanliness changes the very essence of the word. Then it becomes nothing more than a joke.
Always keep this quote from MrVolpato.com in mind: “Chivalry isn’t putting women on a pedestal or patronizing them, and it’s no reflection of them. It’s a reflection of you.” That in itself is a perfect summary of what it entails to be a gentleman — not doing it because the society expects you to but because you truly want to. 
Here are a few things you can do to become a gentleman
- You should endeavor to be a good listener – This will go a long way in your quest to be a gentleman. This doesn’t mean you should listen just for the sake of it, truly try to understand what the other person is saying and reply thoughtfully.
- Do the little things – Contrary to popular opinion, chivalry is not dead. However, it is on the brink of being lost forever. As a gentleman, it’s your responsibility to keep it alive. You can do this by doing the following: hold the door open for people, open the car door for your date, pull out the chair for your date, and lots more.
- Be respectful – Not just to people in authority or even the woman you are on a date with. Respect everyone around you, from the valet to the waiter in a restaurant. Even when people are rude to you, be polite still.
- Don’t use dirty words – nothing makes you look more ungentlemanly than when you use the f-word and every other swear word known to man.
- Take care of your body – Good hygiene is a must for any gentlemen. Always smell fresh and appear well-groomed.
- On that note, a gentleman must dress the part – There is more to dressing like a gentleman than looking up “Prince Harry styles” on Pinterest. Learning the fundamentals of menswear is an art.
A few things to note include:
- You should make sure that your clothes fit properly. You don’t have to break the bank on luxurious clothing items. What matters is that everything fits you properly, from the sleeves of your shirts to the hem of your pants.
- Let your colors match. You shouldn’t look like a rainbow with all the colors competing with themselves on your body. Choose a mature color scheme and roll with it.
- Invest in good dress shoes. Shoes never lie. Have more than a pair of good shoes so that you can switch them up. 
What every gentleman should own
More than just clothes, these products are especially important for you
1.Snowflake Keychain Multi-Tool – Nothing says gentleman more than being able to come to the rescue at any time. You can do a lot with this tool that performs 18 different tasks, from opening a beer bottle, turning a screw, to even fixing a bicycle or an appliance. This little tool certainly comes in handy, and should always be carried around with you. You never know when there will be a damsel in distress around the corner.
2. Tech Heated Vest – You don’t have to look like a hobo just because of the cold. You can still look stylish, even on snowy days. A-tech heated vest is created with infrared technology and carbon fiber heating elements to warm your entire body in a matter of seconds.
3. Bracelets – let your wrist do the talking. Men’s accessories are trendy right now and vintage is at the top of the list. A leather vintage bracelet with a band and leather wristwatch will give you such a classy look.
Ultimately it all boils down to your overall attitude. Just keep in mind that being a gentleman is not only going to make life better for the people around you but also it is going to be a good look on you.